I had the chance to eat a breakfast that stayed down.
After My boyfriend dumped me (still crying hard over that) I could hardly keep any food down without having it come up and out on me later from being so sad and upset. I still have that going on, but today I decided to try something I haven’t had in a while, and see if that would stay inside my system:
Nice, light protein pancakes with maple syrup and strawberries on the side.
It made for a yummy breakfast, and it didn’t stay inside of me like a dead-weight like some other protein pancakes do.
Light protein pancakes (vegan):
(makes about 3 pancakes)
1 scoop of Shaklee Protein Powder (this powder is vegan, tastes delicious, and is packed full of protein)
3 Tbsp flour (I used King Arthur white flour, but you can experiment with any kind)
2 Stevia packets
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of salt
1/2 cup soymilk (I use Silk Organic)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1 cup of water (add more if batter is still thick)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the soymilk and the vanilla (if using it) to the mixture and stir. (It will be very thick, don’t try to mix it completely. There won’t be enough liquid.)
- SLOWLY add the water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Place a griddle or pan on medium to low heat and pour batter. (you should use a non-stick griddle or pan.)
- Once cooked, serve with syrup, or any topping you like. Serve with fruit of your choice.
I doubled the recipe for myself, but depending on how large or small you make them, you will probably get 3 to 4 nice sized cakes.
Does anyone have a go-to mood boosting breakfast?
Mine is usually oatmeal, with protein powder, bananas, soymilk, raisins and maple syrup. However, being in the situation I’m in, I know that won’t settle with me, so I opted for lighter fare.